IT Specialist, Desk Side Support
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Blade Therapeutics is advancing novel anti-fibrotic therapies to meet important patient needs in an area that has seen little innovation to date. Several rare/orphan and chronic debilitating conditions manifest as a consequence of fibrosis, a complex, pathologic process in which progressive scarring replaces functional tissue. We are seeking to develop therapies to modify disease progression, and in some cases, potentially reverse the fibrotic damage to tissue.
Blade is advancing a risk-diversified product portfolio to address various fibrotic diseases and their underlying pathophysiology. The Company has assembled a critical mass of fibrosis expertise and a top-tier leadership team and world-class network of advisors with unparalleled experience in anti-fibrotic drug R&D. Blade’s founding programs are based on the discoveries of Hal Dietz, M.D., Victor A. McKusick Professor of Genetics and Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, whose pioneering research has elucidated a biological pathway that is enabling the discovery of small molecules to treat and potentially reverse fibrosis.
Blade’s objective is to be the leading anti-fibrotic company with a pipeline of novel therapies designed to address the unmet needs for innovative treatments to treat various fibrotic conditions.
Role: IT Specialist, Desk Side Support
Blade Therapeutics is seeking a multi-talented and highly motivated IT individual to join our growing team and provide hands-on support to employees across our organization. The IT Specialist will be responsible for supporting all technical infrastructure including but not limited to computer operations, procurement and management and procurement of computer hardware, software, operations systems, data communications, manufacturing information technology devices, telecommunications, and cabling setup for individual users and support concerns. This is an in-house role, based out of South San Francisco, CA.
- Installations and upgrades of systems and/or hardware and software to enhance work performances for users.
- Configure and install communications and PC hardware and software, perform problem diagnosis, and recommend solutions.
- Develop and implement procedures for user on/off-boarding.
- Processes software updates for systems.
- Responsible for supporting computers, printers, teleconference media support (Zoom, WebEx etc.), and network system, including troubleshooting network problems with the IT Manager.
- Interface and support internal customers.
- Possess a high level of integrity in handling confidential, sensitive information, and professional courtesy with all internal and external contacts.
- Update and maintain virtual directory, organizational chart, corporate announcements.
- Cloud infrastructure administration and support.
- Department support, regulatory, clinical and legal document and correspondence archiving.
- Staff training, Egnyte, SharePoint, RA templates etc.
Desired Professional Experience
- Experience with word processing, data tracking, and vendor portals.
- Comfortable working independently with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Possess solid time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to both knowledgeable and non-technical audiences.
- ERP implementation experience such as Netsuite.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities quickly.
- Possess strong technical troubleshooting and diagnostic skills with both hardware and software
- Ability to identify risks and communicate them to the team clearly and efficiently.
- Minimum of B.S. in Information Technology, Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5 + years IT experience.
- Previous IT experience in Life Sciences or Biotech a plus.
An attractive compensation and benefits package will be provided.
BLADE THERAPEUTICS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER