Executive Director / Vice President, Project Management
Location: San Francisco, CA
Blade Therapeutics (“Blade”) is a private biopharmaceutical company founded on a commitment to revolutionize the treatment of debilitating, incurable fibrotic diseases that impact millions of people worldwide. The Company is an expert in novel biological pathways – including autotaxin / lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) and calpain biology – that are foundational to cell and tissue damage responses leading to fibrosis. Blade is advancing a robust pipeline of potential first-in-class investigational therapies for diseases of lung, liver and heart fibrosis, as well as neurodegenerative diseases.
Blade is advancing a robust pipeline of potential first-in-class investigational small-molecule therapies to combat diseases of lung, liver and heart fibrosis, as well as neuro-degenerative conditions. This pipeline includes multiple direct inhibitors of autotaxin / LPA and of dimeric calpains that offer distinct but complementary anti-fibrotic mechanisms.
The Company has assembled critical leadership expertise supplemented by a world-class network of scientific, pharmaceutical and clinical advisors to enable efficient and successful drug development. Since the company’s founding in 2015, Blade has used a combination of in-house drug research and selective in-licensing to build a risk-diversified pipeline. Our focused approach offers tremendous opportunity to produce disease-modifying, life-saving therapies.
Role: Project Management
Blade Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Executive Director or Vice President Project Management. The team is focused on therapies for diseases of lung, liver and heart fibrosis, as well neurodegenerative diseases. The successful candidate will play a leading role in progressing our pipeline of potential first-in-class investigational small-molecule therapies to combat diseases of lung, liver and heart fibrosis, as well as neurodegenerative conditions projects through discovery and into clinical development. The position will be located in South San Francisco.
The Executive Director / Vice President Project Management will be a key contributor to Blade Therapeutics success. He / she will manage integration of clinical, non-clinical and translational workstreams to ensure timely advancement of IND ready and clinical stage molecules. He / she will be expected to interact with senior Company leaders routinely. This is an opportunity to join and work in a highly collaborative and energetic team in a startup environment with short communication lines across functions and departments.
- Partner with therapeutic area heads to shepherd clinical and preclinical stage molecules as they advance in development
- Execute detailed research plans
- Create and maintains integrated project timelines and prepares internal team documents
- Facilitate efficient and effective, science-based business decisions including development of scenarios
- Ensure interdependencies and impacts of all decisions are assessed and communicated to stakeholders in a transparent and timely manner
- Proactively identify project risks, designs and implements mitigation plans balancing asset and portfolio needs
- Leads creation of team practices and operating principles with a focus on cross-functional input and accountability
- Act as an integrator within the project team, across the enterprise and with external partners to ensure alignment and connect best practices
- Develop and coordinates resource planning across functions and with partners to assure adequate resources are applied to the project
- Advise teams on governance expectations with focus on cross-functional input and rigorous debate
- Coaches project team members and others to drive excellence and accountability
- Project management experience with a minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry. Familiarity with small and large molecule development and comfort in diverse therapeutic areas including lung, liver and heart fibrosis, and neurodegenerative drug development
- Breadth of scientific expertise with solid understanding of project strategy and disease content to contribute to strategic discussions
- Leadership skills including situational leadership and ability to influence
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a cross-functional environment
- Strong communicator able to integrate and succinctly summarize the various parts of a project and effectively tailor messages to audience including senior leaders
- Ability to resolve complex problems and manage difficult stakeholder situations
- Ability to lead the development of critical path analyses and support scenario planning
- Proven excellence in project management - drives execution while balancing speed, quality, and cost
- “Out of the box” thinker, to take on calculated risks, and champion new ideas and approaches.
MS or PhD degree in Life Sciences, Physical sciences or relevant discipline, advanced degree preferred
PMP certification desirable
- An attractive compensation package commensurate with this role will be provided.
Interested applicants, please send resume to: Marianne Eid
Blade Therapeutics Is An Equal Opportunity Employer