Director, Clinical Research MD
Location: San Francisco, CA
Blade Therapeutics (“Blade”) is a private biopharmaceutical company founded on a commitment to revolutionize the treatment of debilitating, incurable fibrotic diseases that impact millions of people worldwide. The Company is an expert in novel biological pathways – including autotaxin / lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) and calpain biology – that are foundational to cell and tissue damage responses leading to fibrosis. Blade is advancing a robust pipeline of potential first-in-class investigational therapies for diseases of lung, liver and heart fibrosis, as well as neurodegenerative diseases.
Blade is advancing a robust pipeline of potential first-in-class investigational small-molecule therapies to combat diseases of lung, liver and heart fibrosis, as well as neuro-degenerative conditions. This pipeline includes multiple direct inhibitors of autotaxin / LPA and of dimeric calpainsthat offer distinct but complementary anti-fibrotic mechanisms.
The Company has assembled critical leadership expertise supplemented by a world-class network of scientific, pharmaceutical and clinical advisors to enable efficient and successful drug development. Since the company’s founding in 2015, Blade has used a combination of in-house drug research and selective in-licensing to build a risk-diversified pipeline. Our focused approach offers tremendous opportunity to produce disease-modifying, life-saving therapies.
Role: Director, Clinical Research
This is a tremendous opportunity for an ambitious and motivated recent entrant into the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry to gain experience with tremendous growth potential in a fast-paced Biotech company. The Director, Clinical Research will work with other members of the clinical team, providing clinical oversight for the development plans and participating in the design and execution of clinical trials (Phase 1 to Phase 3).
In collaboration with other development functions and quality assurance, ensure that clinical trials are conducted in accordance with GCP/ICH and regulatory standards.
The Director, Clinical Research will ensure the clinical development goals and timelines are aligned with the interdisciplinary teams (regulatory, research pre-clinical, medical affairs, pre-commercial/ commercial), He/she will assist in the development of Blade Therapeutics’ pipeline by thorough assessments of candidates, innovative thinking and active search of opportunities.
The Director of Clinical Research will report to the Vice President Clinical Research.
- Participate in all activities in Clinical Development strategy, assisting in designing clinical trials and execution of the clinical and regulatory strategy supporting drug development for drug candidates.
- Provide support and clinical oversight for one or more relevant projects.
- Work with cross functional teams to plan, develop, design and implement Phase 1-3 trials and programs.
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of the clinical results in the development of Blade Therapeutics pipeline.
- Participate in ongoing clinical study team and relevant sub-team meetings, other interactions and communications internally. Interact with research, pre-clinical, pre-commercial/ commercial, regulatory, medical affairs, CMC and other functions to provide input to the clinical development plan.
- Accountable as a medical monitor for one or more clinical trials. Ensure adherence to GCP/ICH standards and internal SOPs in the conduct of clinical trials.
- Work with regulatory and other internal partners in completion of regulatory documents and support others with clinical science information.
- Assist with development and implementation of communication with Key Opinion Leaders at advisory boards, major meetings, congresses, publications, other materials.
- Contribute scientific input into the relevant therapeutic disease states for internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with internal and external organizations (CROs, clinical and scientific advisors, KOLs, patient advocacy groups, etc.).
- Provide input/leadership to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Provide input/review study start up documents and participate in cross functional data review with other team members (data management, biostats, etc).
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in clinical research and development within a pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Experience in design, conduct, analysis, and reporting of clinical studies.
- Knowledge of ICH/GCP guidelines essential.
- Experience in conducting clinical trial programs.
- Ability to provide scientific and clinical expertise to a clinical development program and evaluate scientific and clinical strategies to obtain regulatory approval with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to execute strategies, identify core issues and obstacles for the clinical development of a designated indication and to critically evaluate outside expert advice.
- Demonstrated consistent achievement of team delivery against commitments and goals.
- Strategic thinker and problem-solver capable of identifying risks and risk mitigation strategies.
- Strong teamwork, negotiation and influencing skills, able to work in a team setting and establish clear and consistent goals and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong scientific writer and oral presenter.
- “Out of the box” thinker, to take on calculated risks, and champion new ideas and approaches for the advancement of a product portfolio.
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
- MD degree
- An attractive compensation package commensurate with this senior leadership role will be provided.
Interested applicants, please send resume to: Marianne Eid
Blade Therapeutics Is An Equal Opportunity Employer