unparalleled experience in all aspects of anti-fibrotic drug R&D.
Blade’s team has unparalleled experience in all aspects of anti-fibrotic drug R&D including target identification and the discovery and development of small molecule inhibitors, application of preclinical in vivo models of fibrosis, and biomarker discovery/characterization.
BLADE’S FLAGSHIP PROGRAM
Blade’s research scientists have generated substantial validation for small molecule inhibition of an intracellular cysteine protease associated with uncontrolled fibrosis across diverse indications, from rare/orphan diseases, such as idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and scleroderma to chronic illnesses including diabetic nephropathy and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).
Selection of the Company’s lead target and candidate – anticipated by year-end 2017 – is based on breakthrough preclinical research that has demonstrated:
- Protection from pulmonary and liver fibrosis in knockout preclinical in vivo models
- Treatment of pulmonary fibrosis by applying small molecule inhibitors in preclinical in vivo prophylactic and therapeutic models
- Elevated expression of the target in fibrotic disease has been shown to be commensurate with disease status
- Evidence of strong potency and selectivity of the lead candidate series
- We selected a clinical development candidate in October, 2017 and anticipate entering the clinic in the second half of 2018.